Triathlon is a crazy sport. Excelling at the sport is not an easy proposition for most. I know everyone here on staff needed a lot of help to get from where we began to where we are now in the sport. As such we want to give back to the community that has given us so much. So, each Journey Multisport coach will be taking on a Season of Giving Athlete for the year 2020. Yes, a whole year of 1 on 1 coaching!!!!
We are looking for athletes that have overcome obstacles in life and/or are deserving of a free year of training OR athletes haven’t been coached and are looking for assistance taking the next step. Athletes can either apply for themselves or nominate a person who they feel is deserving.
To apply please send an email to email@example.com outlining why you/the nominee deserves to be chosen. Please include background and targeted 2020 “A” race(s). Please be creative to make your application stand out (a cool video wouldn’t hurt). Also, it is a requirement that the athlete be active on social media, so please include Facebook, Instagram, etc profiles. Oh, and if you have a preferred coach there is no harm in voicing that preference. You can find each coach’s profile under the Who We Are tab.
Each athlete will be paired with a coach and receive:
· Dedicated coach to work with the athlete on a day-to-day basis
· Premium Training Peaks Account.
· Detailed workouts to fit your goals, races, available time, and fitness level.
· Unlimited ongoing communication via phone, email, etc.
· Access to the private Journey Multisport Forum on Facebook
· Race execution plans for “A” events and unlimited discussion during race week
· Specific assistance on race fueling and mental approaches to training and racing
· Swim stroke analysis and run analysis either in person or via video as needed
· One-on-one technique sessions
· T-Shirt and Water Bottle
Applications will be accepted starting today and running through 12/20. The three winners will be announced on 12/25. Training can start as soon as 1/1.